Rich in renewable energy resources, yet Africa is not fully electrified.
Electrification is a catalyst for Socio-Economic development.
- The migration from traditional methods of electrification to digitalization.
- Lack of competent policies and financing methods to deal with setbacks.
- Innovation is growing faster and faster than policies can keep up. Policy-makers are playing “catch up”
- Africa should not be a dumping ground for technologies that don’t work elsewhere.
- How can Africa come up with standardized, sustainable solutions that are homebred?
- The need for concessional financing for rural electrification needs solutions such as micro-grids.